Introducing Howdoo - Social Media for Creatives

In case you haven’t heard, there will be a new social media platform launching soon called ‘Howdoo.’

I don’t use social media myself unless it’s absolutely imperative that I do so. However, I wrote a few articles a while ago about Howdoo, and I must say, that the platform piqued my interest. Back then it was still in the conceptual stages. Now Howdoo is readying for launch and allowing people to reserve usernames. In this case, I’m hopeful that Howdoo will soon materialize and if you are a freelancer, you might want to look into what the platform offers.

First and foremost, Howdoo isn’t a personal information vacuum cleaner like CIA-Book (Facebook). Instead, Howdoo runs on decentralized blockchain and safeguards all personal information via heavy-duty encryption. For this reason, it is not possible for Howdoo to sell users out to companies like Cambridge Analytica (to name just one), who use user data for all kinds of self-serving and often nefarious purposes.

More interestingly, Howdoo will bring together all the best features of most leading social media platforms under one roof. However, what I like about the idea of Howdoo, is the fact that creatives will be able to monetize content.

You can find out more here: https://medium.com/howdoo/7-reasons-creators-earn-more-on-howdoo-428b4a7c90f5

And here: https://www.howdoo.io/

Of course, all social media platforms arrive promising all sorts of treats. However, Howdoo will be the world’s newest fully fledged social media platform. For freelancers, this means that getting a foot in the door early could be lucrative from a marketing perspective.

Howdoo could end up being a complete flop a few years from now. However, if the platform starts attracting users, setting up a profile now could help freelancers and other creatives establish themselves early, without having to invest in the likes of paid ads etc.

Lastly, I am in no way affiliated with Howdoo. The platform just popped up on my radar again today, and I thought I’d share. :slight_smile:

I’m a little confused. Is this like YouTube where followers can buy tickets? If so, it seems like they are perfect for musicians and such.

When I read the link, it doesn’t really say how a blogger may benefit from this platform.

I am going to sign up, regardless. I like being one of the 1st to get in, just in case. :slight_smile:

It’s a kind of multifaceted platform. You can (or will be able to) monetize any kind of content by receiving tips and possibly by generating ad revenue, However, you can (or will be able to) monetize videos, sell merchandise, and do lots of other things.

I’m still not 100% sure what the final product will look like, as when I wrote on Howdoo, it was all more about how privacy orientated the platform will be. This matters to me, as I absolutely refuse to give Facebook a copy of my passport to reactivate the brand pages I created for my author and freelancing efforts. With Howdoo, I can apparently have separate aliases for different activities.

This is why I posted this. As I say, the whole thing could be a flop. However, it is always best to get in first. Also, apparently HP is helping them launch. In this case, they are not just some random startup. Who knows, you could be my first Howdoo friend! :slight_smile:

Power of positive thinking! :rofl:

I’m sold!!

I prefer realist thinking. Positive thinking hasn’t yet got any of the last remaining tribes in the Amazon anywhere. :frowning:

Say hello, say would you like to come for some Ayahuasca, and five minutes later your entire village is being demolished by an international logging company.

As it is, Howdoo is free and has potential to go somewhere. I like that. That’s all.